Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What I might Find in my Washing Machine


This is just a sampling of the things I have found while doing laundry. I have a kid who is notorious for not emptying pockets. In the past the pile has been three times the size in the span of a week. I wanted to document that but the hubby threw it out before I could take a picture because it's garbage you know. Maybe to him, but to me it is part of my daily life. Something I have dread but something I have also come to terms with. I have been able to come to look at it as one of those passing childhood things I will someday miss. It has also become a lesson in teaching someone something they don't feel they need to learn. First you bring it to their attention and then you reprimand when it happens again, and then you discipline and they do the laundry themselves and clean out all the pockets of all the pants in the house when it happens again and again. If they want to learn the lesson they will, or maybe the natural consequences of the lipstick and gum on thier stuff (or the anger of the others who were affected by it) will help them to learn this. In our case none of these worked or so I thought. Maybe it was all these things put together with time, because it is getting better. It has been a while since I have had a pile on my machine. The pile in this picture reminded me of the past couple months and how maybe the absence of the pile is a good sign. A sign that there has been a little learning going on over the last couple years. Maybe it just takes a while to sink in. Maybe there is something that happened that I don't even know about that caused the learning to take place. Or, it could be that the past things we have done to teach her are actually sinking in and mean something. WOOOOHOOO-either way I am praising God for listening to my prayers and working in my kids own personal lives to cause them to grow in many different ways. If we strive in teaching them about him and his ways He will fill in the gaps and their knowledge will be complete.(This doesn't just apply to laundry by the way!!)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Christian Myspace Layouts